1. Style
Paula Darnell

Petite Sophisticate Store Locations

By March 20, 2009

UPDATE - January, 22, 2010 - Petite Sophisticate stores are now closed also.

Although Petite Sophisticate, the only national retailer that sells petites only, has closed its online e-tail operation, Petite Sophisticate brick-and-mortars stores remain open. There are stores in the following states:

• Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

To find out where the nearest Petite Sophisticate store is located, check the Petite Sophisticate store list (Vendor's Site) for street addresses and phone numbers.

Comments

November 4, 2009 at 11:50 am
(1) Nancy Brown says:

Paula, can you keep me on your mailing list to keep me update on Petite clothing?

January 21, 2010 at 7:06 pm
(2) Denise says:

Appears that all stores are now closed according to the weblink provided. 1/21/2010

March 20, 2010 at 5:21 pm
(3) Mary Jo Heidenreich says:

I am so angry that Petite Sophisticates has once again closed. This was absolutely the only place I could find stylish 2P clothes. Can anyone offer a solution as to where else to find this size? I’m 56 and DO DOT wear the elastic waist petites sold in JCPenney, Macys and Dillards. HELP!!!

March 22, 2010 at 7:51 pm
(4) Clara says:

I completing agree. I miss Petite Sophisticate. I have had some success at Ann Taylor Loft and Liz & Co. Sport.

May 6, 2010 at 10:53 am
(5) Karen says:

I’ve had SOME luck w/2Ps at Talbots … it’s hit or miss tho and the prices are only good when they have sales.

May 11, 2010 at 7:17 pm
(6) Patrice says:

My sentiments exactly, Mary Jo. I’m 51, 5’2 and wear a size 0p – 2p. Let me know if you find a solution (besides expensive tailoring.)

May 14, 2010 at 11:19 am
(7) Aimee Gibson says:

Same for me…..49 (soon to be 50), 5’0″ tall, perfect 2p. Definitely can’t and don’t want to wear juniors, or granny elastic waist Kasper petites…..my best luck has been at Dillards. Tahari suits for work, but still lacking in casual.

May 17, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(8) marianne says:

Found Ann Taylor carries nice petite career and casual clothes that fit well. I’m the same size and age range.
Found some Victoria Secret “short” sizes workable but need to wear a good heel with them.

June 12, 2010 at 1:03 pm
(9) elisa says:

I envy you size 0-2P ladies. I am also 50′s but wear a size 12. Was never larger than a size 3. Depression has a way of taking away one’s self/body image. Keep on looking great.

July 6, 2010 at 11:35 pm
(10) DONNA says:

I have found that Banana Republic has the BEST petite sizing. They have got the sizing down to a T. I’m 4’10″, and if BR can fit me, they can fit anyone. JCrew also offers petite clothing.

July 18, 2010 at 6:10 pm
(11) Ellen says:

I too am in my 50′s.. 4′ 6″ and a size 2. Still wear my classic blazers and linen dresses I bought years ago. I have had some luck at Ann Taylor.. but all the stores mentioned have a small selection of petites so it’s difficult at best. It really bites for small women.. which I know there are a lot of us.

September 2, 2010 at 5:28 pm
(12) Ellen2 says:

I’m 68, size 6 and miss Petite Sophisticate hugely. I still have some beautifully tailored no-iron shirts i got there about 4 years ago…still in perfect condition. Talbot’s is okay, if pricey, and Land’s End catalog is great for jeans and hems them for free.

October 1, 2010 at 1:34 pm
(13) Ruffy says:

Petite Sophisticate was the only store where I can find work clothes that fit right, look nice at the right price for me. I shopped at the Store Closing Sale of Petite Sophisticate store in Vacaville last Dec. ’09. Thanks to the other comments I read here, I will check out the other stores these ladies have mentioned. Ladies, thanks for sharing.

October 5, 2010 at 6:07 pm
(14) Gina says:

Great to know that there are others like me! I’m 50 and a fraction under 5’0″. I wear a wear size 0P, but sometimes even that is too big. I miss Petite Sophisticate too. All my larger friends just don’t understand how I can go into a mall with 100+ stores and find absolutely nothing to fit me. I’ve had some luck with Ann Taylor Loft. Talbots is good for tops, but their petite pants are a little too short for me.

Too bad retail is not my area. I think the clothing needs of petite women are definitely underserved.

October 7, 2010 at 12:51 am
(15) Trudy says:

Grant it, that I did not shop there often only because what I bought lasted! With all of us shopping there, what happened? I am in desperate need of clothing with no elastic waists and right pant length.

October 21, 2010 at 1:31 pm
(16) Bobbie says:

I am 68yrs old, 5ft and a size 4 now where on earth am I going to find the jeans that I have been wearing forever. Just went on line to order me some more for this winter and what a suprise I got “Stores Closed”. This is not funny I can’t believe they have closed again. I know they sold a lot of clothes because I’m not the only 5ft woman out there. Sick in Mississippi.

November 23, 2010 at 7:57 am
(17) Linda says:

I am 53, and currently a size 4P – 6P. I am tired of looking at “grandma clothes” or boxy looking things. It’s frustrating when I’m told to go to the junior department (for sizes 3, 5, 7) or the Misses and just hem something. The waste always hits me at the hips making me look wide. Nothing ever fits the way it did when I shopped at PS. I never spent anything less than $100 every time I visited, sometimes buying a whole season wardrobe. Career or holiday clothes were the best. Sometimes I have luck at Carson’s or Macy’s, but the really sharp items are limited. The small selection at Penneys, Kohls, Dress Barn, etc. do not fit and are cheaply made. It’s more depressing to look for clothes that fit vs. getting older! Bring Sophie back!!!

November 27, 2010 at 2:11 pm
(18) Anna says:

My local Petite Sophisticate store closed several years ago and I’ve not found much in my area that comes near to replacing it. I get so annoyed when I go into a so-called petite store or section and find their sizing starts at 10P or 12P and goes up from there. What has happened to the size 2P ? I feel like a vanishing species, can’t even find a size 5 1/2 shoe that is a true size 5 1/2 any more, the last size 5.5 shoes I tried on in a shoe department were so large that they flapped around on my feet as though I were a child trying on my mommy’s shoes !!! There was no way they were true size 5 1/2. Everything seems to be catered to the larger woman now, as though that is all there is.

Since I’m almost 65 years old, 4′ 11″ and 97 lbs, I doubt that I’m going to grow much taller.

November 30, 2010 at 7:40 pm
(19) Grace says:

I am 4’10″ and 85 lbs. It is impossible for me to find a work pants that fits. Banana republic, Ann Taylor Loft, The Limited, J Crew, etc, Nothing fits. Help please!!! I am desperate for nice clothes.

December 26, 2010 at 6:16 pm
(20) k says:

Petite Sophisticate was the best! Their stores, quality, cut and style in petite clothing will be missed greatly!!

December 27, 2010 at 10:56 am
(21) Grace says:

Petite Sophisticate was the best! I bought most of my clothes there even though I could fit into regular sizes. I loved their clothes! Please bring PS back!

December 29, 2010 at 5:01 pm
(22) Denise MJT says:

Thanks, Donna. I’ll check out Banana Republic. I too am 4’10″ (42 years of age) and wear about and 8 or 10.

January 1, 2011 at 11:34 pm
(23) Jeri Kroll says:

I live in Australia but am from the US and have/had shopped at Petite Sophisticate for 20 plus years. EVERY time I went back to the US I bought a huge amount. I am a 64-year-old professional and everyone still comments on my suits and casuals because they were so well tailored and actually fit (perfect size 6 I’m 5’1 1/2 inches). I can’t buy anything comparable here, even though there are some limited petite lines, or in the UK.

I’m taking another work trip to the US in February 2011 and just went online to find out where the nearest outlet store was, having discovered on a trip last year that all the mall stores had closed. To my dismay, nothing was left. I have no idea what I’ll do. Macy’s is OK but nothing like Petite Sophisticate. I will now try Banana Republic.

February 24, 2011 at 8:15 am
(24) Vickie says:

Anna, we ARE a vanishing species! I’m 50, 5’3 and 113 lbs. The obesity epidemic has made it not profitable for Petite Sophisticate to maintain as many locations as in the past. My greatest fashion frustration is trying to find necklines that don’t display way more cleavage than I want.

April 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm
(25) Gale says:

They had the best-fitting jeans around…perfect length and cut. Grrr! Please come back!! I am now “hoarding” the few pairs I still have!

July 2, 2011 at 12:39 pm
(26) Sherry says:

I miss the original Petite Sophisticate stores that were open before they declared bankruptcy a few years ago. Then they opend outlet stores that didn’t carry near the quality the original stores did. I am 45 and a 4P and liked having one place to go to buy my clothes without having to search in several stores.

Even with the obesity epidemic, they carried all sizes, they were just petites, with shorter hemlines so I don’t understand why this store couldn’t thrive!

November 28, 2011 at 4:24 pm
(27) Jeanie says:

I actually cried when they closed and I walked by their empty store. My husband shopped there for years for me and he could never go wrong.
Half my closet was PS. I still have so many lasting things from there that I hoard, even if it’s too tight.

Why, why, why?????? What a shame )))))-:

August 4, 2012 at 8:25 am
(28) R.Turner says:

I feel like so many of you who have left a comment. Where did our happy times of shopping at PS go? Bring back PS. PS had so many valued customers – how could it gone bankrupt? Poor financial stewards or bad business decisions, maybe…..

August 10, 2012 at 2:44 pm
(29) Dodi says:

Very disheartened about this closing of such a fine line of petites for me. I’m in my 70s, small boned, and sizes 2-4 were perfect for my 100#s. I’ll try the other stores mentioned, however, it is always somewhat discouraging to seriously shop for jeans, slacks, sharp outfits of any type, in the department stores, especially here in Alaska. Online was my “saving grace”. Thanks for all the ideas, gals….

September 3, 2012 at 11:52 am
(30) Sue says:

I too miss PS so much! Half of my closet was from PS with half of the price I get from Talbots now. The quality, the cut, the price, I have not found anything comparable to PS. After several years, I am still thinking about PS all the time.

Hope someone will hear our voice….

November 15, 2012 at 9:26 pm
(31) Miko says:

Hi all, I too can’t possibly understand what happened to Petite Sophisticate after all these years…nonetheless I have found that New York & Company is my best bet for buying petite professional clothes/business suits. I’m short and a bit curvy, and it is literally the only place that I’ve found that has business clothes that fit. Don’t be turned off by the runway colors and styles they display up front…you can find perfectly reasonable conservative and fashionable clothes there if you look – and often with great sales. Good luck, Ladies!

March 9, 2013 at 3:58 pm
(32) minette says:

I guess that the fashion industry can show clothing on skinny models but can’t make the small clothing for the stores . I also to dont like being told to go to the kids dept. I want taylored clothes and pants and jeans that fit at the waist also skirts that fit at the waist .if they are going to change the styles they do it for all pants and skirts they don’t let you select what you want .maybe that why retail sales are down I would rather have them made than wear that crap.

March 12, 2013 at 7:49 pm
(33) elaine says:

I miss Petite Sophisticate too in the Bridgewater Mall…closed years ago..now it’s Macy’s Petite dept. especially the INC brand, and if you take your time and look Marshalls and TJ Maxx every so often has some of our sizes…good luck….

July 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm
(34) Carlota says:

OMG!!! I thought I was the last of the petites! I am also having a huge problem looking for the perfect fit petite suits, pants, jeans, etc and Petite Sophisticate was just the perfect store for me but they’re banishing before my eyes. Where can I find one in South Jersey??? Help!! Anyone!!!

November 5, 2013 at 4:28 pm
(35) Janet1 says:

I bought five pairs of pants from Petite Sophisticate 5 years ago and am still wearing 4 out of the 5 to work. My grey ones are too faded to wear and that is the only reason I am not still wearing them. I have hunted everywhere for non-pleated pants that fit, I am 5’2″ size 4P, and have had no luck. Ann Taylor pants will fit OK in the hip and thigh, but the waist is always way too big. I have a small waist. I refuse to pay $80 for a pair of pants and then have to spend $40 more altering the waist. If anyone out there finds non-pleated, non-grandma pants for us curvy women please let us know!

December 4, 2013 at 3:54 pm
(36) Ashley says:

I too wear a 2P and since Petite Sophisticates closed, which I still do not understand why, I have not found another store with clothes that fit right!
Very frustrating!
Ashley

February 9, 2014 at 10:05 am
(37) Nita says:

I too miss PS and have not been able to find an alternative that has the same quality, prices, fit and style. If anyone has any recommendations, please help!