1. Style
Paula Darnell

Update on Sarah Jessica Parker and Bitten

By May 23, 2009

nullOur readers have been clamoring for more news about petite actress Sarah Jessica Parker, best known for playing Carrie, a fashionista with her own distinctive style, in Sex and the City. They want to know whether or not Sarah Jessica Parker's clothing line Bitten will ever reappear. Bitten, a line of low-cost clothing by Sarah Jessica Parker, was sold exclusively through Steve & Barry's, a now-bankrupt retailer.

The demise of Steve & Barry's left Bitten and some other celebrity clothing lines without a home, and so the line is no longer available, except for some leftovers that individual sellers auction on sites such as eBay. I've contacted Sarah Jessica Parker's publicist's office numerous times in an attempt to find out if there are any plans to revive the line; however, so far I've been unable to get any information about any plans to revive Bitten.

In November 2008, NYMag reported that Sarah Jessica Parker wanted to continue the line with a new retail partner and also to continue the affordable prices of the Bitten line. It seems to me that now would be a good time to re-launch Bitten, given the current economy, in which people are looking for clothing that doesn't break the bank.

Readers Want Sarah Jessica Parker to Bring Back Bitten

LATEST UPDATE from January 27, 2010--What's happening with Sarah Jessica Parker's fashion design career.

Pictured: Sarah Jessica Parker at the launch of Bitten on June 7, 2007, at Steve & Barry's in New York City
Photo Credit: Peter Kramer/Getty Images

Comments

June 4, 2009 at 2:11 pm
(1) Noreen says:

I really was sorry to hear that the line Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker was discontinued. It was nice to be able to shop for styles that were wearable for teens as well as older women. I liked being able to buy my son men’s cargo shorts at a very reasonable price. I really hope she revives this line for all of us.

June 6, 2009 at 4:45 pm
(2) Molly says:

I love SJP’s Bitten line. I just graduated from college, so having her cute clothes with a price I could afford was awesome.I am short but busty, so it was great to find clothes that fit the “every day woman”. I love her jeans because they came in my size, but I could get them with the “short” tag on them so they weren’t too long. Her shirts, shorts, and dresses are great, too. I wish she would bring them back!

June 7, 2009 at 1:50 am
(3) Miriam says:

I love my Bitten jeans and wool blend pants! They are so comfortable and fit perfectly. I wish I could have bought another pair of the gray wool blend low rise pants in size 2. They’re great to mix and match with other pieces for work. I kept going back to Steve and Barrys to look for the Bitten plaid pants, vest and sleeveless knit top that was in the oversized poster on the wall. Cute outfit. The SJP Bitten fashion philosophy makes sense in the current economic crisis. We want fashion choices that are stylish and affordable. Sarah, hope you reconsider and bring your clothing line back!

June 8, 2009 at 2:33 pm
(4) tamu' says:

I’m sorry to see the Bitten line go; it sounds like Mr. Steve & Mr. Barry took the money and ran. Shame.

I was introduced to Steve & Barry’s last summer, right before my niece started college; needless to say that store provided a great outlet for her to stock up on the latest trends at very afforadable prices. And did she ever! She often said that the Bitten line’s style and quality equated to some of the top designers. We were sad to hear that it is now defunt, were going to have to shop around for more affordable clothing that hopefully provides the same quality and style as the Bitten line for her sophomore year.

Let’s hope that there is a retailer out there willing to partner with all or some of the designers from the Steve & Barry’s chain and open up a new chain to showcase their designs. So needed in today’s economy.

June 18, 2009 at 7:13 pm
(5) Eileen says:

I loved SJP’s Bitten line–the clothes fit me perfectly and I always get tons of compliments on them. I was so sorry to see them go and I keep searching hoping someone else will pick up the line!! I think H&M would be a good match (hint? hint?)

June 24, 2009 at 3:09 pm
(6) virginia says:

so sad Sarah’s line is not found anywhere else yet. It was AFORDABLE AND SIMPLE CHIC.Ill be looking for her to pop up somewhere.

July 11, 2009 at 9:51 am
(7) Jazz says:

–I am a curvy plus size teen and i actually bought a pair of her jeans..I LOVE THEM..she made me feel so good in a pair of jeans…When i tried them on..i really felt empowered..It fit all over my curves…And i could afford it …I AM SO SAD I WANTED MORE JEANS…MS.SARAH-JESSICA COME BACK!!!!!!

July 13, 2009 at 12:02 pm
(8) Lisa Jeffries says:

Thanks for this info! I just went to the original URL for the line today and was sad to see it was gone. I immediately Googled it, and this was the top result.

July 14, 2009 at 3:35 pm
(9) Rosa says:

The clothes were most affordable and of quality materials and workmanship. They held up better than some more expensive and well known brands.So sorry to see it gone.

July 17, 2009 at 2:32 am
(10) Dee says:

I loved her clothing!!! Most of my wardrobe is from her line. The fabric of her clothing didn’t look cheap at all. i hope she finds a new home for Bitten soon!!

July 19, 2009 at 2:30 pm
(11) Mreeder says:

I loved her Bitten line. Her jeans are the best. At this point I have lost weight and I’m unable to fit in my one’s I bought before B&S went out of business. I have been on a hunt for the last pairs I could find. I have not been successful. I really wish she would bring the clothing back. She was a real designer who knew about the figure of women!

July 22, 2009 at 1:59 pm
(12) Teesa says:

I am greatly disappointed that SJP’s line of Bitten is no longer available, It’s too bad. All the clothing that I have purchased from her line was fashion savvy, mix & matchable, The JEANS I purchased right before getting pregnant in 2007… I am still wearing them! I wish they would find a new “home” for her line soon~ SJP has so much talent!

July 31, 2009 at 1:39 pm
(13) Jessica says:

The bitten clothes are the only clothes i really feel comfortable in. i love SJP line it was affortable and trendy. i wish it would come back soon. Those jeans are the only jeans i like…i wish i would have stocked up on them.

August 2, 2009 at 9:35 pm
(14) christy says:

cant believe this happened! I LOVE the BITTEN clothing line wish i could have stocked up!!!! very affordable

August 14, 2009 at 5:20 pm
(15) Charity says:

I absolutely love the Bitten Line. I was finally abale to find jeans that fit my body type without any alterations. I adore SJP and was so excited to see that she not only had a brand new clothing line, but one that was very affordable. Even if it was relaunched with higher prices I would still spend the money for the great clothing and accessories!!!

August 30, 2009 at 8:00 pm
(16) crystal says:

come back come back we miss your clothing so much the items i bought from the Bitten line are still in great condition and we all need more. Please come back soon.

September 1, 2009 at 10:14 am
(17) Heather says:

I HEART SJP!!!! I hope she brings her line back… wouldn’t it be great to see it at TARGET!!!!

September 8, 2009 at 2:46 pm
(18) Sequayah says:

I loved Bitten. Her jeans were the best. Her extra small sizes were a perfect fit for me and let’s not forget the cost, PERFECT…Please bring it back!!!!!

September 23, 2009 at 10:04 am
(19) bru and gia says:

i love sarah jessica parker bitten pants and shirts. the first time i heard and went to the store steve & barry was when i was visiting my hometown to see my aunt and uncle. and i fell in love with all her great disigns and felt the comfort in every piece of clothing she has put together. i am going miss her clothing line. she is an awesome role model and designer that doesn’t get the credit she deserves. please sarah bring back bitten for us. me and my twin love you outfits and we get your outfits so we can match. we love you.

September 23, 2009 at 10:37 am
(20) michelle says:

I LOVE SARARH JESSICA PARKER. I THINK SHE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, SMARTEST, AND GIFTED ACTOR. I LOVE HER DESIGNS AND THE WHOLE BITTEN LINE. I LOVE HOW IT IS NEW YORK CHIC AND AND SO BUSINESS LIKE THAT I CAN WEAR THEM TO THE OFFICE. I LOVE THAT THEIR AFFORDABLE AND HAVE GREAT QUALITY. MY NIECE LOVES YOUR CLOTHES. WHENEVER SHE COMES TO MY HOUSE SHE IS THE ONE THAT I TAKE SHOPPING WITH ME AND WE HAVE OUR BONDING TIME AT STEVE & BARRY’S. SHE LIKE TO WERE PROPER AND CLASSIC OUTFITS. SO WHEN SHE FOUND OUT THAT BITTEN WAS CLOSING SHE WAS UPSET SO WAS I BECAUSE THAT IS WERE I LIKE TO SHOP THE MOST. AND I WILL SAY THIS ONCE PLEASE BRING BITTEN BACK SARAH JESSICA PARKER. WE NEED YOU SO DO MANY OTHERS. LOTS OF LOVE SARAH JESSICA PARKER. PLEASE CONSIDER IT FOR EVERYONE.

September 25, 2009 at 11:52 am
(21) Prily says:

Yes I would love to have the line back so that I can buy buy buy I love the fit of the jeans even though they were “low cost” which is great they jeans are / were a Great fit

October 8, 2009 at 12:45 pm
(22) shel says:

I picked up a pair of green Bitten pants at a resale shop and LOVE THEM…..i want more. They are so comfortable and cute !!

November 11, 2009 at 9:15 am
(23) Monique E. Pugh-Marquez says:

To whom it may Concern,
Please for those of us who are in our mid 30′s and wear between a size 0-2 and sometimes can fit in a 4 at a pettite size there is no better clothing line then “Bitten”
It is not only affordable, but you don’t have to worry about folding up the bottom of your “jean” so thick that a snake can bit you and you won’t feel it… I am a single mother of two age 34 and usually have to buy in d teenagers section because I am short 4’9″ tall and weigh only 96 lbs. Please don’t let us loose this beautiful line “Bitten”.

December 2, 2009 at 4:52 pm
(24) Amanda says:

PLEASE bring back the “Bitten” line. This line has so much potential to be HUGE. THe style and cut of clothes were so classy and fashionable, not to mention affordable!! Please please, middle class America needs “Bitten”. I love the coat, pants and shirt that I bought a couple years ago, even made special 1hour and half trips just to get back to Steve n Barrys for SJP’s clothes.
Target would be a wonderful prospect to carry the line.

December 16, 2009 at 1:44 am
(25) kathy says:

I have bought a few items of SJP’s,her clothes were affordable and comfortable! And I was sad that her clothing line Bitten was discontinued and it would be nice if Target or some other store would bring her line back soon.

January 2, 2010 at 1:29 am
(26) sequayah says:

I love Bitten! PLEASE SJP BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!

January 4, 2010 at 11:45 am
(27) letsie says:

So so so disappointed! Bitten jeans were my favorite brand. They fit great and were affordable. Target would be a good choice for “bringing them back”.

January 9, 2010 at 9:35 pm
(28) ksr says:

A friend and I were talking about the Bitten line today and we too really liked it. I have skinny jeans and I love them. Plus the line had tall in jeans. So rare. We hope it appears again it was a nice line.

January 12, 2010 at 10:58 am
(29) snow gurl says:

I love BITTEN clothing. I think it should be sold through forever 21 or wet seal. These stores have wonderful affordable clothes and Bitten would be an awesome addition.

PLEASE BRING BITTEN BACK!!!!!

December 6, 2010 at 12:57 pm
(30) Rebecca says:

I also wish SJP will bring back her BITTEN line of clothing! Especially now, with the currant economy… Being a single mom with five children… well you see my point! I love SJP’s work, and her line of clothing! Sorry to see her line go!And to SJP “bring it back chick”!

January 5, 2012 at 11:11 am
(31) Sandra says:

I own a few pairs of Bitten Jeans and all the zippers has gone bad, they do not stay up..So disappointed. I have to use a safety pin to keep the zippers from running down. How can I get refunded? Would like my money back…

March 14, 2012 at 5:48 pm
(32) Chevalin says:

I owned a few pieces of Bitten slacks I bought from Steve & Barrys in 2007. They’re woderful fitting pants. I have a long torso so they fit in the right place. Plse. bring back Bitten Thanks!

August 27, 2012 at 3:07 am
(33) Vicki Estrada says:

I’m a big fan of Sarah & her husband! And I would love to see Bitten back out for sale! That would make my day! I love her line very much!!!!!