1. Style
Paula Darnell

Hello Halston, Good-Bye Bitten—Sarah Jessica Parker's New Fashion Design Job

By January 27, 2010

null

Sarah Jessica Parker's budget line Bitten, which was sold exclusively at the now bankrupt Steve & Barry's, is likely to become a distant memory for the popular SATC actress now that she has signed on as a fashion designer for Halston. According to Women's Wear Daily, Sarah Jessica Parker will become president and chief creative officer of Halston Heritage, a line inspired by vintage Halston looks.

Many of our readers want Bitten to come back, but that certainly appears unlikely in light of Sarah Jessica Parker's new upscale fashion design interest. There's no doubt of a strong publicity tie-in for Sarah Jessica Parker with the Halston Heritage line. She wore some of the Halston dresses during the filming of Sex and the City 2, which will open on May 28, and Halston Heritage dresses, including some that you'll see Sarah Jessica Parker wearing in SATC2 are already available at Neiman Marcus (Vendor's Site). (Photo Credit: Dave Hogan/Getty Images)

Comments

February 23, 2010 at 2:08 pm
(1) anna says:

You would think in these hard times that people would sell more inexpensive clothes than high priced fashion. Just seems like a better move to me. What about the rest of us? We want to look cute too!

February 26, 2010 at 9:37 am
(2) Michelle says:

I agree with Anna…. What about the little people who are on a tight budget?
When SJP first came out with this line, we were all excited because here was someone who had enough brain cells to know that everybody can’t afford high-end clothes at those extreme prices. I was already a HUGE fan of SJP and this thoughtful yet stylish clothes line made me a SUPER fan. Now…not so much :(
She has moved on to bigger (not necessarily better) things and forgot about the promise she made to look out for us poor people and make us look just as good. She even went on OPRAH and teased us with all these cute affordable outfits.
Well, SHAME ON YOU MRS. PARKER! For giving up on us SUPER fans. Hope your job at Halston is rewarding…NOT ;)

March 12, 2010 at 10:03 am
(3) Sarah Jalak says:

What happened to Fashion is Not a Luxury!.

June 24, 2010 at 8:13 pm
(4) J says:

I LOVED SPJ bitten! Even though I was never a spj fan or SATC fan, but I became a fan of hers after she launched this line.

My favorite shirt and jacket is from bitten and i still wear it. :( This sucks. Her commitment to affordability was nothing but a charade it seems. What a bs story she made on Oprah about how her family was poor when she was young and her mother had to make clothes for her and her siblings. That doesn’t matter to her anymore now she can make $$$, cause thats what its all about right?

August 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm
(5) Suzanne says:

You are being really hard on SJP. The line failed because it wasn’t profitable. I’m sure that she would love to keep producing VERY low cost fashion, but the reality is that you can’t keep a business running with such low prices. They tried and couldn’t do it.

August 11, 2010 at 3:08 pm
(6) Crystal says:

I loved, loved Bitten to a point where I convinced my wealthier sisters to shop there, even when they were used to higher-end fashions. They loved it, too.
I also am very disappointed the line was discontinued and that SJP did not try hard enough to keep the line going. Maybe taking her line to another store, or finding any way so that the her less wealthy fans might have a way to look cute and fashionable at a decent price.

January 24, 2011 at 9:09 am
(7) Ann says:

I must say this is a bit up setting to hear that Sarah Jessica Parker isn’t about to bring her line back I really like her stuff & would love to be able to purchase some more of her iteams. I’m looking around now trying to see if there was any way I could fine out where I could possible get more of her colthing. I love her line.. I just love it.

March 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm
(8) SHARON JOHNSON says:

Put Bitten in Macy’s, Kohls, or Nordstrom. It would do great in those stores. Or Target/Walmart.

June 23, 2011 at 10:24 pm
(9) Tonib says:

I loved the sjp bitten line, I still have the jeans, although they don’t fit. I still try to squeeze in them, I wish Sarah would sell them in Target. Those were my favorite jeans.

October 9, 2011 at 12:08 pm
(10) SYL says:

I also loved the price and look of the bitten line. I am hoping in the future she will bring back the line. I have always gotten so many compliments from my hubby on the fit of the jeans.Maybe in the near future we will find this line once again in the stores. Maybe Khols or Target.
One can only hope.

October 21, 2011 at 10:28 am
(11) Lynn says:

They should bring Bitten to Target or Walmart…I bet it would be HUGE! Those were my favorite jeans and the only one that fit someone 5’2! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

February 16, 2012 at 6:30 pm
(12) Shannon says:

Suzanne, you must not be very aware of how this line went down. It was not the LINE that failed, it was the RETAILER that carried it exclusively. Steve and Barry’s filed BK, which left Bitten homeless.

The fact is, you certainly CAN make an affordable clothing line work, and better yet succeed. She made fans through her commitment to fashion for all, which is why I am no longer a fan. Never was until Bitten, and I’m back on the ney side.

After all of this, I honestly can’t say if I’d buy Bitten. It was super cute, and I owned quite a bit of it, but if it came back and I purchased, I would feel like such a sucker.

October 25, 2012 at 1:14 pm
(13) cool tshirt designs with puffy paint says:

It’s going to be ending of mine day, however before finish I am reading this impressive article to increase my know-how.

January 28, 2013 at 9:02 pm
(14) Marlys says:

I am frantic about loosing “Bitten”… I know I look great and I don’t have to feel guilty about spending the money. Jessica….please bring your clothes back.! Remember you launched the line because women should be able to dress fashionably AND affordably…And you are SO right. I am so sad

April 11, 2013 at 9:32 am
(15) PLS says:

I really liked SJP’s line of Bitten too and never knew where to look for it after Steve & Barry’s went out of business.
As for the promise she made to Oprah, if it wasn’t profitable, she got bored, and forgot about the reason why she started it.
Now being the Mother of 3 children, I think her projects that she does need to be more meaningful enough to take her away from her children.

April 4, 2014 at 5:18 am
(16) Brittney says:

I love SJP Bitten line she had the best jeans. I wish I could get a pair now :( Very sad about this