For obtaining maximum fashion mileage, there's nothing like a black shoe. Black's the most popular of the neutral fashion colors because it goes with anything, and a sleek black pump is the best shoe style for the short woman.
In addition, since most women who use monochromatic dressing to create a slimmer and taller look choose black, black patent kitten heels, especially those with pointed toes, can complete an all-black ensemble.
Although petites may assume that the highest heel is always the best heel to wear, it's actually a good idea for a short woman to wear a heel height that does not make her look out of proportion. Tripping around on 6-inch heels may do just that. It's easier to wear lower heels for longer periods of time too, so wearing a kitten heel to work will be much more comfortable than trying to wear sky-high (and painful!) stilettos all day. Kitten heels still give petites a little bit of a lift, and a sleek style, such as either of those pictured above, will help a short woman look slimmer and taller.
How to Wear Black Patent Kitten Heels for Petites
- Wear black patent kitten heels with jeans.
- Wear black patent kitten heels with black tights.
- Wear black patent kitten heels with a knee-length skirt. Kitten heels look best with pencil skirts.
- Wear black patent kitten heels with a dress. Kitten heels are especially good with sheath dress styles.
- Select black patent kitten heels with pointed toes and no decoration for the sleekest look.
- Avoid black pumps with ankle straps because they cut off the leg line and make petites look shorter.
Find out by going to the next page.