Our Fashion Trend of the Month for December 2012 is Black and Gold Fashion. Black and gold is a good marriage of fashion colors, both of which qualify as fashion neutrals, so they can go with anything, but they look especially good paired together. Ralph Lauren was one prominent designer who took to black and gold for fall 2012. The Ralph Lauren Fall 2012 Collection featured gold gowns, black gowns, little black dresses accessorized with gold jewelry, and rich, luxurious black velvet pants sets embellished with gold passementerie. The model pictured above at left walked the runway at the Ralph Lauren Fall Fashion Show in a black pencil skirt, gold top, black jacket, and gold high-heeled sandals. She carried a black clutch accentuated with gold. Although the black and gold combination works well for fall and winter, it's especially good for the holiday season.
Tips for Wearing Black and Gold Clothing and Fashion Accessories
- Choose a simple, black sheath dress for greatest versatility.
- Wear your little black dress with black and gold accessories.
- Wear a sleek black pump with a gold-tipped pointed toe for an on-trend fashion accessory.
- Carry a minaudiere for dressy occasions -- black, gold or black and gold.
- Avoid glitzy gold dresses and gowns that feature all-over sequins or lame.
- Wear your fine gold jewelry with black and gold fashion.
Black and Gold Fashion Shopping List
Black sleeveless sheath dress available in petite sizes 0P - 16P from Nordstrom (Buy Direct)
Gold-tipped, pointed-toe black pumps in sizes 5.5 - 10 available from Nordstrom (Buy Direct)
Goldtone dangle earrings available from Zappos (Buy Direct)
Michael Kors goldtone bead necklace available from Macy's (Buy Direct)
Black and gold minaudiere available from eBags (Buy Direct)