The Bottom Line
Besides being quick and easy to use, Hollywood Fashion Tape can fix many fashion emergencies. Tape strips, which can be cut to shorten if necessary, are 3 1/2" long, and a package contains 36 strips. To use Hollywood Fashion Tape, just pull off the backing of a strip of tape and press it against fabric or skin; then remove the backing on the other side of the tape and press it in place.
- quick to use in a pinch
- easy to use
- versatile - lots of uses
- very small - tapes will fit in the tiniest evening bag
- sensitivity or allergy to adhesive on product may occur
- Tame slipping bra straps and hold them in place.
- Temporarily hold hems in place when there isn't time to make a repair or alteration.
- Make sure that plunging necklines don't reveal too much.
- Prevent wrap styles from unwrapping.
- Prevent strapless clothing from slipping.
- Alleviate gapping in button-down clothing.
- Take up little room in storage.
Guide Review - Review of Hollywood Fashion Tape
Although anyone could use this product, petites would find it especially helpful in three ways:
- keeping slipping bra straps in place
- temporarily shortening a sleeve or skirt hem
- preventing revealing clothing from revealing too much
Petites often have narrow shoulders, and keeping bra straps in place can be a problem, so that's what I thought of when I saw this product at a trade show. When I first tried Hollywood Fashion Tape, I anchored straps of a bra I have that has straps that constantly slip, and I was continually, almost unconsciously, pulling them up. Problem solved with the tape, so I used it again the next time I wore the bra with the slipping straps. That's when I noticed a problem though. After an hour or so, my skin felt itchy under the tape. Turns out I'm sensitive to the adhesive. So, for me, the best uses of the tape are those that don't involve adhering it to my skin. I can still use the tape for those slipping bra straps, but now I attach the straps to the garment, rather than to my skin.
Quick Fix for Hems
Being petite often means having to shorten garments. So I also used Hollywood Fashion Tape for a quick fix on sleeves that I hadn't had time to hem yet, and it worked fine. Even though a white linen jacket I ordered online was petite, the sleeves were too long, and I wanted to wear the jacket right away. The tape worked fine for a quick hem fix.
Wardrobe Malfunction Prevention
Stars use the tape to prevent the embarrassing wardrobe malfunction that can happen when wearing plunging necklines and revealing styles. We petites may encounter the plunging neckline problem more frequently than our taller sisters because we often resort to wearing clothing in regular sizes, which means V- or U-necklines can become too deep on us when we lean forward.