Whether or not a petite woman works in an environment that requires business/formal attire or a somewhat more casual workplace, she may be able to elevate her workplace status by presenting a more powerful appearance, one that centers on wearing certain power colors to work.
Powerful women wear colors associated with power so following suit can give a petite woman an extra boost without the high heels that she may also choose to wear to make herself more noticeable.
The top power colors for short women are
- black - Wear a serious color and be taken more seriously.
- navy - There's a shade of navy that will flatter any woman; find yours, and you have a wear-to-work hue that's timeless.
- charcoal - Very dark gray may work better than black for short women who have fair skin.
- red - You'll be noticed in red; it's a very strong color and indicates confidence from the woman who wear it.
- cobalt blue - Cobalt blue is not only an attention-grabber, but it's also associated with true blue loyalty, something every employer can appreciate.
- purple - Purple was once only worn by royalty, so it has a certain caché.
On the other hand, avoid wearing colors that look too much like hues little girls would wear; namely, pink and pastel tones. Although a petite woman may look great in pink, the girlish association won't be much of a status-builder in the workplace, so save the pretty-in-pink look for occasions other than work.