From the article: Bikinis for Summer 2010
Do you feel comfortable wearing a bikini? Or do you dread the thought of wearing a bikini to the beach or at poolside? With airbrushed images of "perfect" bodies constantly displayed in magazines, do you feel that you have to look like a model to wear a bikini? Share Your Feelings
- Im 14 years old and 98 lb 5'6 I have A cup boobs and you can see my ribs through my chest which really annoys me when I wear a bikini. Also i have a very small butt. I feel like a flat peice of wood:( I wish I had at least a little more fat so i dont look as boney.
- —Guest Momo
- From the age of 11 until I was 15, cutting was a regular habit of mine. I was smart, though, and did it in a place I though no one would notice: my legs, and inner thighs. Soon to be 18, it's the summer of my graduation, and I have been invited to many pool parties in celebration of that. The only issue is, I'm the only woman at these parties who wears swim trunks and a bathing suit while there. The other girls look at me like I'm a freak, and I'd wear a bikini if I didn't think their looks would get worse. I don't want sympathy, empathy, or disgust at my past; I am sharing this because, even at 5'9" and 125lbs, I won't show off my body. People have called me stunning, yet I feel like a monstrosity. I may get over this one day but, for now, my skin is staying covered. I hope all of you come to a resolution at some point. :)
- —Guest MH Kat
To Wear a Bikini or Not To Wear a Bikini
- i am almost 16 years old. I am 5'6" and weigh 145-150 pounds. I have a really nice back, arms and shoulders. My thighs are a little bigger but not huge. I have really strong looking calves because of running. My big problem is my stomach. Its not really huge, but it is enough to make me uncomfortable when i wear a bikini. I am very insecure about my body. I feel like when i go to the beach in a one piece or tankini I see a ton of girls that have a body like me or bigger but i still am insecure about it. But i feel like when i don't wear a bikini its just as embarrassing or more not wearing on than wearing one.
- —Guest Anonymous
Won't Go To Pool Parties
- I am in 8th grade, am 5'7"-5'8" and weigh 135-140 lbs. I am 14 years old and 34b. I have a ton of graduation parties coming up that are all pool parties. After week of scanning the internet and not finding anything that I thought would be flattering I just decided not to go period. I feel fine from the side if I suck in a little but from the front my hips are wide and fatty. So if I wear the normal low rise bathing suit it makes two lumps of fat and looks awful. Like others all of my friends are super skinny and don't try to be at all. Yet I have been trying for the past month to diet some yet have lost no weight. I feel stupid and fat wearing them so I am just not going to go.
- —Guest Jean
- So I'm in 8th grade and I'm graduating in 4 weeks and my friends are having graduation parties, and I got invited to a pool party, and my crush is going to be there too, and I'm going, but I'm very self conscious about my body, and I don't know if I'll look good in a bikini. I'm 13, turning 14 in October, I'm 5 foot 2, and I'm 133 pounds. I have really big thighs and my arms are chunky and my stomach is anything but flat. I always feel like this, but I really want to impress him but I don't think my body is good enough.
- —Guest person
- I am thirteen years old and live in Boston. I am 5'9 and my weight fluxates between 130-135 pounds. I'm really tall for my age, so I am considered at a good weight even though I have some flab on my thighs and arms. I used to dance and this would be more muscle than flab, but that has stopped. I think you should just be confident!! There is nothing you can do other than that. :)
- —Guest 13 years boston
Im really afraid!
- My friends are having a birthday party TODAY. Its a pool party and I really wanna wear a bikini. I'm 11 and weigh 78lbs. I know I'll look fine, but I'm scared of my boobs showing. Ps. Boys r gonna be there.
- —Guest Gia
Im 13 And 157 Pounds
- Okay , So Im 13 and im so not very confident about myself . i feel disgusting , and i have been looking at these bathingsuits ,and i really want one but im scared that everyones gonna judge me cause i look diisgusting . i really dont kno what to do . i feel very sadd and wanna cry my eyes out .
- —Guest ShyGuest
I can't tell if I'm ready for a bikini
- I'm 26 years old and I have anorexia. I've had it for months now. I'm trying to recover, but it's hard. Now that I'm finally skinny, it's difficult to think that I could pull off wearing a bikini. I haven't for years because I've been overweight then. I'm not comfortable in my own skin, and I don't know how I can be. I understand that it's all mental, in my head. Anorexia is a mental illness to, I get that. But, I find it difficult in the fact that I need to help myself in order to get better and I don't know where to start. My husband says to see a counselor , but I don't know how a counsellor can retrain my brain to be completely honest. I think I need to be comfortable with my own body, but somehow I need to find ways to be comfortable.
- —Guest Lindsey
- Help! I'm 12 almost thirteen . I'm 4"11 and im 115 lbs and I'm not sure whether to wear a bikini or not tmrw. Please help me,my thighs are huge and I have a huge birthmark on my stomach. I'm really insecure. Help!
- —Guest Not sure
- Hello. I'm 11 and 5 3' and weigh 107-111 pounds (2 scales say two different things) and I used to be quite over weight (140 pounds!!!) but I lost it. A school beach day is coming up and I'm going to get a new swimsuit. I don't know if I should stick to the 1 piece or go for a bikini for the first time. Help!
- —Guest Guest girl
- Im 15, and I weigh 115. I'm naturally thin, except for my stomach and thighs. I don't do ANY sports, but I've been trying to fit in some crunches and weights (maybe 3-10 mins?) in my busy schedule. I want to wear a bikini, but my stomach would show, and it sticks out and isn't very flat. I'm really self-conscious and I need help!
- —Guest Sarah
- I'm 14, 5ft 5 1/2in, and weigh 106. Everyone is always like you are so skinny but I feel awkward in bikinis. It just like I don't know. I know I'm not really fat or anything it's just it's so revealing. My mom won't let me where anything different than a bikini. She calls it taking advantage of my body. So now that I got a boyfriend, he wants to go swimming and I all I have to wear are bikinis. I get really nervous.
- —Guest Guest Something
Its okay, i suppose
- Im 12, weigh 8stone and im kinda skinny, but i don't feel confident wearing a bikini. Im also quite flat chested. Im not confident but i believe that you don't have to be model skinny to wear it. Think about it, at least im not covered in birth marks or spots really overweight and fat
- —Guest Rosie
Go for it!!
- I know this might sound cliché... but you should be confident with everything. Confidence is sexy, so if you can confidently wear a bikini, know one will notice your imperfections not even you. It is one thing to be modest but another thing to be self-conscious. And remember, you can't lose weight by beating yourself up about. Positive :)
- —Guest Guest
1-15 of 217Next